Monday, August 25, 2008

How Birthday Expectations Change

So yesterday was my birthday and I was thinking about how things have changed from birthdays when I was younger to now that I'm 26. My Mom even pointed it out to me. When I was little I couldn't wait to get up and open my presents. Of coarse that never happened because I had to wait for my Dad to get home from work, but all day I was waiting sometimes I thought it would kill me to wait. Then there's now where Brad got up made me breakfast bathed both girls and got them ready for church, and we were still on time!! The day could have ended there and I would have been content!! Just him getting the girls ready was SO nice. That's when the LITTLE things mean the most!!! Don't get me wrong, the rest of the day was great with lots of birthday songs from family and gifts to open, But I just loved the morning ritual being done someone besides me!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Alisha said...

YES!!! i totally agree. it's the little things that aren't so little. when jeff takes over i love it!!
happy bday.

Hanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I know what you mean...I never thought someone doing the laundry for me would mean so much:) Hope you had a great day~

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Erin,
Justin reminded me it was your birthday, he remembers everyones'! I am glad you had a great day. I agree with you, Justin and I celebrated early so when my birthday actually came around, I forgot all about it. Just another year. Just be glad you won't be 30 next year like me!

The NV Mingays said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Erin!! Your morning sounds like it was heaven. :)

Kassi said...

How funny! That is so true! My favorite part of my birthday was Tim getting Kylan to bed and me going to bed early (usually this only happens if I am sick or super tired). Happy Birthday!!!