Monday, May 4, 2009

Lights Out in the ER!!

So everyone that knows me knows I am no good at keeping secrets about myself or should I say things that most people wouldn't repeat!! So hear I go again!!!
The other day my poor nephew was in the ER because he fell so being the nice person that I am went to go keep Brya and Dayton company!! So we hung out for a while waiting for stitches. Finally the doctor and nurse came in (it was a busy night!!) They proceeded to give Dayton stitches. While this was happening I started feeling like I was going to pass out!! The sad thing was I was on the end of the bed by his head so I couldn't even see the bottom lip where they were giving the stitches!! Sad I know!! Anyways I walked to the other side of the room and continued to get REALLY hot so I took of my sweater.....AND turned the light off at the same time!!! THAT'S RIGHT!! I turned off the light while the doctor was stitching my nephews lip!!! Of coarse I couldn't find the light switch for a while so by the time I turned on the light (really a couple seconds but it seemed FOREVER) the doctor Brya and the nurse were staring at me. The nurse just laughed and the doctor didn't look impressed (I can't blame the guy). Brya being the nice sister she is said she was thankful for the reprieve form the tense moment. Dayton the awesome little dude didn't' even flinch!!!
So there you go another fun story from the Erin Lewis saga!!

3 comments:

The NV Mingays said...

Funny one Erin...I was assuming you actually passed out in the ER so I was relieved to read it was really only the lights (even though the doctor didn't find it quite as funny). :)

Heather said...

That is so funny! Doctors don't always have the best sense of humor, but I would have laughed if I were there!

Annie said...

we are all still making fun of you and your perfect timing. It gave us something to talk about that whole night. Thanks for the laugh.