Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!

Well first off HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! Hope everyone had a great day!! Ours was good!! I decided to go green for our meals!! First we had GREEN potatoes and eggs!!
For lunch we had GREEN macaroni and cheese!!


And for dinner I made a traditional Irish meal. Potato and Leek soup and Irish soda bread!!
The Soup was REALLY good!! I was not a big fan of the bread but Madison loved it. Then we are having pistachio pudding and sugar cookies with green frosting and shamrock sprinkles for dessert!! Needless to say I have been cooking ALL day but I figure you only have holidays everyone once in awhile so live it up!!!


Emma even had peas for dinner!! Oh, and every meal was accompanied with GREEN milk!! It really grossed me out in the beginning but I got over it!!
I have now decided to have this be a tradition in our family for every St. Patrick's day!! We'll see how well I follow through!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

Good for you! the green mac and cheese grossed me out. However, the 410 calories per serving gross me out far worse. Glad you liked the soup, I ended up making it, but put in too many leeks. Yuck!

the leeks looked ok ;(
-leith

The NV Mingays said...

Love the green food ideas - will definitely use for next year when Caleigh can appreciate it a bit more. :) Good job mama!