Monday, September 13, 2010

Looks can be Deceiving

So Sweet, Right?
This was my night:
Madison and Emma sitting on my bed watching the show Madison picked out!
Me on the floor folding clothes
(Madison)"Mom when I'm a Mom I'm not going to be mean like you"
(Me).....(Silence)"what?"
(Madison)"When I'm a Mom I'm not going to be mean like you"
(Me)Still hoping I heard her wrong, then thinking
What did I do? This is not mean, I can do mean if you'd like!!
Lets just say I called my dad after sending her to her room and was advised not to take it personally and just talk to her about it!
I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TEENAGE GIRLS!!
And am still trying not to take it personally!!

4 comments:

Christensen family said...

Ok I am sorry I had to laugh just because I have things like this happen all the time. I am so glad I am not the only one.

Alisha said...

oh man. i am TOTALLY dreading teenage years with the girls. they are already too emotional for me!
i just caught up on your past posts. the bottome pic in the preschool post is sooo cute!

Heather said...

She is so cute! I love how honest our kids are, mine have said lots of great things like that! Don't worry, they love us!

Tara said...

Yeah, the boys are tough now, but they probably won't get a whole lot tougher.