Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

My Dad sent this to me and I thought it was very fitting so I had to post it!!
As the celebration of the birth of our nation approaches I could think of no greater words to read and by which to abide in this hour when so many cry calamity and woe.
“Men may fail, but this nation won’t fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America.
“I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials and crises it may yet have to pass through.
“We should not be concerned about finding what is wrong with America, but we should be finding what is right about America and should be speaking optimistically and enthusiastically about America.”
--Harold B. Lee
Happy Fourth Of July!!!!

No comments: