Saturday, July 3, 2010

Camping in Kingston

Our final trip for a VERY long time was to Kingston! My Dad grew up in Austin and spent some of his younger years in Kingston canyon! My Dad wanted to to go camping there and climb Bunker Hill. Which should not be called hill but ginormous mountain!!We went camping there a couple times when I was little. This time we were larger in number but still missing a lot! Matt's kids got sick just before so they were unable to come and Brad had to work. So Brya and I went without our husbands and Matt with out his family. As much as I hate to say it Matt had it right!! I will NEVER go camping without Brad again!!
We had six kids and five adults, you would think easy, not so!!

Every time I turned around Madison was clinging to her Uncle Dallyn!
And Emma was in time out!!

When she wasn't clinging she was posing for the camera!
And Em was squatting in the dirt!

The joys of feeding kids with no high chairs!! How did they do it back in the day?
So I think my favorite thing about camping is I don't wear makeup or do my hair or care what I'm wearing!! As you can tell!!

Time out AGAIN, you'd think she would catch on! Clinging again!!
The last morning we were there was a bit cold! Jenna was lucky Grammie had an extra sweatshirt, and I had a camera!! What a cutie!!
What a shot!

The camping trip was fun and enlightening all at the same time!! I learned its not the most fun going without your husband. Madison learned that when she has a UTI she screams every time she goes to the bathroom, and Emma learned if you look cute at your uncles they will pick you up!
The only bad thing about the trip was we were missing my sister Tara and her family, Charlie and his wife and Mike on his mission!! We sure missed them!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that you all had a great time. I'm also very grateful you blogged it so that even though I wasn't there I could see the pictures and enjoy it as well. Love ya Erin!

-Elder Schmidtlein
Indonesia Jakarta Mission
Jangan iri yeh!

Heather said...

You are so brave! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your girls are so cute!